Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


This is the first of many, many posts that I have never posted. I think I baked these cookies back in September. I got the recipe from a friend who copied it out of a cookbook at Barnes & Noble. So, I don't have an exact source for this recipe.

I made one batch with chocolate chips and another batch with raisins. I preferred the raisins but the chocolate chips went over better with the middle schoolers that my husband teaches. Go figure!


Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

1 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. (1 stick) softened butter
1 c. brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. solid-packed pumpkin
2 c. uncooked oats
1 c. dried cranberries (optional)


Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda

In separate bowl beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer - 5 minutes or till light + fluffy

Beat in eggs and vanilla

Add pumpkin and beat at low speed till blended

Beat in flour mixture until blended

Add oats, mix well

Stir in Cranberries (or chocolate chips)

Cook at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden brown
Makes 2 dozen cookies

No comments: