Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas...Take 2

I really wanted enchiladas again but I wanted something new not my standard go to recipe.
I had found two different version that I was interested in trying. One from Trisha at One Tiny Pink Kitchen and one from April at Wine Lover's Cooking Diary. I decided to do a combination of both.

Ingredients

1 lb chicken
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup enchilada sauce (I used the green enchilada sauce)
2 oz diced chilies
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
2 cups cooked rice
6 tortilla shells
salsa
reduced fat sour cream


Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Cook chicken with chili powder and cumin. Shred with fork. Add1/4 cup of enchilada sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, chilies and rice to the chicken. Stir to combine.

Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Fill tortillas with mixture and roll, placing tortilla seam side down.

Mix together remaining enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes till soup and cheese are bubbly. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Husband Rating: A+

Wife Rating: A-, I like my enchiladas saucy. I think next time I'll use a less rice. I really liked the green enchilada sauce too!

Recipe: adapted by me
Photo: my kitchen

No comments: