Monday, December 10, 2007

Banana Muffins


I was in the mood for something different for breakfast this past weekend and I still had some bananas in the freezer so I decided to make banana muffins! I pulled out my brand new Betty Crocker cookbook that we received as a wedding present and put it to good use. It was bought for me to use, right, not sit on a shelf and look pretty!

Ingredients
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 medium bananas)

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffins cups with shortening, spray with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

In large bowl, beat milk, oil, egg and bananas with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. If baked in greased pan, let stand for 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to wire rack; if baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm if desired.

Makes 12 muffins
Recipe from Betty Crocker Cookbook
Photo from my kitchen

Note: I added a few chocolate chips to half the muffins before putting them in the oven, just for something extra!

Husband Rating: A-, he said they were really good, but a little dense.

Wife Rating: A, I agree they were a little dense and my only thought was that the bananas were too cold because I had just taken them from the freezer. I only defrosted them in the microwave enough to peel them, maybe they should have been room temperature. They tasted great, warm with butter, yum!

No comments: