Sunday, March 16, 2008

White Chip Chocolate Cookies

If you haven't figured it out already: I love cookies!! My mother tells me at the age of 2 I used to help her bake cookies. I would stand on a chair at the counter next to her. She would measure and I would get to "dump" it in the bowl. My favorite part was pouring in the chocolate chips! I still take pleasure in pouring a bag of chocolate chips into a bowl of dough.

My love of baking has expanded into a love of cooking since starting this blog. I am now finding my kitchen to be very therapeutic. Even doing the dishes is therapy for me. I love to be in my kitchen. The only problem is the products that come of my kitchen are NOT therapeutic!

I decided that if I wanted to bake so bad than I had to start finding places to send my baking so that I don't eat it myself! My mom would be disappointed with this recipe as she would say "White Chocolate is not REAL chocolate." Real chocolate or not, it still tastes fabulous!

I do not have a picture as it was late by the time I finished and I sent the cookies with my husband to his rehearsal the very next evening. The few cookies that stayed behind didn't last long enough to photograph.

White Chip Chocolate Cookies
(source: Nestle Toll House)

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 salt
2 cups (12 ounces) white chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt small bowl. Set aside. Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips.

Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes of until centers are set. Cooking on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

No comments: