Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

With Jake being at rehearsal every night this week. We decided to use the slow cooker again. That way he could eat before he had to leave and it could stay warm for me to eat later when I got home.

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
1/8 cup margarine
1 package (.7 oz) dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup

Directions

Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

Recipe from www.allrecipes.com; sorry I forgot to take a picture!

Husband Rating: A-; He really liked it however, thought it would be better cooked on the stove because the chicken was slightly on the dry side.

Wife Rating: A+; I loved it. I thought it had great flavor. I think the mistake with the chicken was that it was cubed too small but I didn't think it was too dry. I'd also like to try adding mushrooms or even cream of mushroom soup (Husband won't like it though!)

No comments: