Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dinner and a Movie for One, Please


So, tonight was night #4 of eating dinner by myself and since last night's semi-disaster with a box of mac+cheese; I decided I was making a fabulous dinner for 1! I had defrosted a pork chop and searched for something fun to do with it. On a fellow knottie's blog I found Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops and I was sold! We had bought center cut pork chops that were almost 1 1/2-2 inches thick so I cut it the long ways down the middle and had 2 much thinner pieces that didn't take long to cook at all. I cooked a box of Parmesan noodles and dinner was served while watching My Best Friend's Wedding starring the great Julia Roberts!

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

2 large eggs
1 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (I used onion salt instead of just salt)
6 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon wedges, for serving (I skipped this)

Ingredients
Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.

Note: Since I was only cooked for 1 I pretty much halved the ingredients list and it worked out perfect.

Husband Rating: N/A He was not here to enjoy my fabulous dinner and unfortunately for him I didn't save him any. I will have to cook them for him another night!

Wife Rating: A+ I love them.

Recipe from:
Giada De Laurentiis
Photo from my kitchen :)




1 comment:

Michele said...

Beth -- we absolutely have the same dinnerware! :) We love the square dishes....and the color. ;) They don't fit too well in the microwave, the dishes don't spin....oh well!