Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Month of May


I can't believe how fast the month of May has flown by. Jake and I had a super crazy and super fun month. With our schedule, I did very little cooking and when I did cook it was our favorite go-to recipes. I also missed another Tuesday. This week's recipe was Pecan Honey Sticky Buns. Madam Chow was our host. Check out her blog as well as the TWD blog to see the wonderful goodies that were made. I will be making this in the future and I will be returning next week!

Now for a slide show of the fun things we did this month...

Mother's Day weekend we traveled back to Syracuse for oodles of celebrations.
My sister-in-law's bridal shower. We were slightly hesitant about the weather but in the end bad weather held off and we had a beautiful day!


The day of the shower was also my mother-in-law's birthday! It was a milestone birthday for her but a lady never reveals her age! Isn't she beautiful :)

On the same day (yup, 3 events in one day!) my own mom graduated from Syracuse University with her bachelor's degree. She went back to school a couple years ago and she has worked very hard. I'm so proud of her!
I couldn't be at the actual ceremony because of the shower so my husband made sure she didn't take her gown off so I could see her and we could take a picture together as soon as she got home!




Through all the celebrations I managed to sneak in a baseball game to see my little brother in action!


And a weekend back to Syracuse wouldn't be complete without spending time with my sister and my niece! Aren't they beautiful!



The following weekend we had visitors back in NYC. My best friend and her husband made NYC a stop during their vacation. We had a great time.


Taken from the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) with the Empire State building in the back.



Memorial Day weekend we traveled back to Syracuse again!!
The celebration this weekend was the marriage of our wonderful, Beth and her now husband Mike. Jake and Beth (#2) taught at the same school together and co-produced two musicals during their time at the school. And, no Jake is not standing on the wrong side, he was a bridesman. Congrats, Beth and Mike!


We also got a chance to spend time with some other very close friends!
This is us with Colin, son of our friends Sam and Tim. Look at that face!



This is the whole gang minus Sam and Colin (it was his bed time!)


The Lovelies, friends since high school and beyond.


And more time with Braelyn...she loves her Uncle Jake!

3 comments:

CB said...

Looks like you had a great time with family and friends. Are all those babies giving you BOTB?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, wow! I am tired just reading this entry! Congrats to your mom - that is a huge accomplishment! :)

Unknown said...

Wow... you have been SUPER BUSY! Looks like it was all worth it though, and fun too. Congrats to your sister-in-law, mom, and everyone else in all your travels! :D