Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

This is part 2 of the return blog (i.e. Christmas cookies) I was so excited about this recipe. I went looking for a biscotti recipe and came across this on the Betty Crocker website. The reviews were great so I decided to give it a try. They turned out fabulous and I thought I stumbled upon a really great cookie recipe for Christmas. Well, I did stumble upon a great recipe I just wasn't the first!
The recipe uses the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix that is already prepackaged. It made making these super simple but a little on the sweet side. I might try another recipe next time so that I can cut the sugar and taste more of the pistachio.
My favorite part about making these was the green dough!




Ingredients:
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 box pistachio instant pudding (4 serving size)
1/4 flour
1/2 butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons powdered sugar



Directions
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, pudding mix and flour. Stir in melted butter and eggs until soft dough forms. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Divide dough in half. On each of 2 ungreased cookie sheets, shape half of dough into 15x2-inch log.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F. Place logs on cutting board. Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices cut sides down on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 40 minutes, turning once. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 10 minutes. With small, fine strainer, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over tops of cookies. Store loosely covered.
Makes approx 40 cookies



Recipe from Betty Crocker
Photos from my kitchen

No comments: