Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TWD: Tiramisu Cake


I have to say that I was not excited for this week's recipe. Tiramisu is just not my dessert of choice. You must be asking yourself how anyone could not like tiramisu. Well, someone who doesn't like coffee, that's who! I love the aroma of coffee (which is good, since J loves coffee!) but I just never developed a taste for it.

I really struggled with whether or not to make this cake. I have missed the past two weeks due to life in general. So, missing this week would not have gone over very well. J and I have also been trying really hard to eat healthier and shed some unwanted pounds. I thought I had come up with a master plan to make the cake and send it away until...

I dropped an egg shell piece into the moving mixer.

It was an accident. J scolded me by saying isn't that why you are supposed to break it into a bowl first. Yes, that it true. However, I'm sure I probably haven't learned my lesson either!

In the end I made the whole cake intending to cut a little piece off for me sans the coffee. I remembered to cut the bottom corner but not the top. I give you my tiny piece of tiramisu cake without the coffee. It was good. I can honestly say I don't feel like I'm missing out by not eating anymore.


J loved it and wished it had more coffee. I just made a pot of regular coffee instead of the espresso coffee extract and liquor. I also made it in a square pan because I was too lazy to deal with 2 round cake pans.

Despite my procrastination, I am glad I made the cake!

For the recipe, please visit this week's hostess, Megan of My Baking Adventures

3 comments:

Megan said...

Awww - sorry you didn't care for this too much!

I laughed about the part of the egg shell falling into the mixer!

TeaLady said...

Ah, well, maybe next weeks 'assignment' will sit better with you.

You're not supposed to have egg shell in cakes....????? Well, there went my baking expertise....

Pretty piece of cake!!

mrsabybaby said...

Okay, I SO love tiramisu. I hate coffee, but love tiramisu? Go figure. :) This looks like something I would like though! Adding it to my list!